Is HVAC Zoning Right For My Home?
If you plan to get a new HVAC system, you may notice that there are a lot of choices out there. One of the most popular systems out there is an HVAC zoned system. Zoning can help to ensure that parts of your home get heated and cooled. This can work better than relying on one thermostat set in a central room to do all the work.
What Homes Should Have a Zoned System
There are several reasons why you may want to choose getting a zoned HVAC system. These reasons include:
- Multi-level homes. HVAC professionals will recommend you get a zone system when you have a multi-level home. It will often feel hotter in a multi-level home because heat rises. Different temperatures can be set in each part of the home due to different thermostats. This will allow the upstairs to remain comfortable instead of hot. You can use a zoning system in any part of the home.
- High ceilings. If you have high ceilings in your home, your HVAC system may keep you too cold in the winter months. This is because heat will rise up and become trapped. A zone HVAC system will allow you to raise the room temperature as often as you would like.
- Large windows. Sunlight can play a role in how warm your house is. If you have a bay window or another large window, the sun can come in and raise the temperature. With a zoned air conditioning system, it can allow you to create a zone in the room where the windows are. You can lower the temperature in that room without having to lower it in every room of the house.
Benefits of AC Zoning
There are several benefits of AC zoning, and they include:
- Energy savings. You may feel the need to change temperatures when rooms in your home feel too hot or too cold. This can lead to using the HVAC system too much. Too much usage can lead to increased utility bills. When you switch to a zone HVAC system, if you want to change the temperature in one room, you can. This will help to save you money.
- Extra comfort. When you have many thermostats, you can control the temperature in your home better. This will allow you to be comfortable no matter what part of the house you are in. If you are cooking in your kitchen, and it gets very hot, all you have to do is to go to that zone thermostat and turn it down.
- Better air quality. When you have a zoned system, there are dampers that control it. This air only goes to the room that requests it. It also goes through a filtration system. This helps to get out particles like dust and other debris that can cause poor indoor air quality.
Call Us Today
If you want to learn more about HVAC zoned systems, give Harwich Port Heating and Cooling a call today. Our team of HVAC professionals can help you to figure out if a zoned system is right for you. They can give you tips on how zoning will most benefit you.