Can Sewer Line Issues Cause Indoor Air Quality Issues?
One subtle, key, and often ignored part of your home is its indoor air quality. The indoor air quality of your home can have affect your health and comfort. Did you know your indoor air is at least two to fives times dirtier than outdoor air? Luckily, you can take steps to fix that.
Many issues can contribute to the poor quality of air inside your home. One main area is the plumbing and sewer lines in your home. Here are some plumbing issues that can hurt your indoor air quality.
If pipes are leaking, you leave your home at the risk of moisture and smelly waste. Both of these will contaminate your air with mold growth and dampness. It can even lead to sewage odors. It is important to repair any leaks and watch for any of these signs:
- Presence of wet stains or spots in your walls or land surrounding your pipes can signal leaks.
- Wastewater from your sewer lines can moisturize and fertilize your grass. If your grass looks amazing overnight, consider hiring a plumbing professional. They can check for pipe leaks.
- Leaks onto concrete materials or walls in your home. They can cause cracks, damaging the structure of your home.
- Dripping water is a clear sign of water leaks
- Avoid worsening health issues and bad smells in your home. Do this by hiring sewer line cleaning or plumbing repairs.
Broken Sewer Pipes and Sewer Backups
Your sewer line is a delicate system installed in any home. Faulty installation or issues in the plumbing can often lead to pipe damage. These can include drain clogs, broken sewer pipes, or sewage backups. It is best to hire a plumbing professional. They check your system and perform any maintenance services that you need. Complications can ruin your indoor air quality. This leads to health complications with sinuses and allergies. Here are some reasons for sewer line problems.
- The age and materials used in making your pipes
- Tree roots infiltration
- Faulty pipe installations and weak joints
The Health Risk
The sewer line issues can cause mold growth and provide a habitat for bacteria. The risks of getting allergies or worsening existing health conditions are much higher. Watch your sewer line to save you and your family from health issues. Tiredness, headaches, breathing issues, infections, and poor focus are all warning signs.
Call Us Today
Call Harwich Port Heating and Cooling today. We have plumbing professionals for all your repair and replacements needed. Proper plumbing habits go a long way towards maintaining high indoor air quality.